Prep time: 20 mins – Cook time: 50 mins – Serves: 4
- 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken (cubed)
- ½ packet (4 tbsp) Bohra Pantry Green Gravy Masala
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4-5 green chilies
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Bohra Pantry Garam Masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbsp beaten plain yogurt
- 4 tbsp oil/ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup water
- Salt (to taste)
- Marinate meat in ginger garlic paste, beaten yogurt, 1 tsp salt and 2 tbsp Green Gravy Masala for at least 1 hr.
- In a pan heat some oil/ghee and add onions and let them cook for 5 mins.
- Then add chopped ginger, chopped garlic, green chilies, chopped cilantro and 1 cup water. Cook for 2 mins.
- Let the mixture cool and grind into a fine paste.
- Now heat some oil, add ground masala and bay leaf to it. Cook until oil separates at the edges.
- Then add the chicken, remaining green gravy masala, garam masala, cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Add cream and coconut milk and let it cook for about 15 mins. Add salt to taste.
- If the gravy gets too thick you can add water/cream/coconut milk.
- Mutton can be used too. Will take longer to cook.