Prep time: 15 mins – Cook time: 2-4 hrs – Serves: 4
- 2 lbs of meat
- ½ packet (4 tbsp) Bohra Pantry Nihari Curry Masala
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 ½ cups wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup oil/ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 15 cups water
- Salt (to taste)
- Chopped ginger for garnish
- Finely chopped green chilies for garnish
- Wedges of lemon to serve
- Heat one cup ghee in a pot, add garlic, salt, meat and Nihari Masala. Mix well and fry for a few minutes, then add 12 cups water.
- Cover the pan and let it cook on low heat until the meat is tender [Chicken (2 hrs), Mutton (2-4 hrs), Beef (5-6 hrs)].
- In 3 cups of water mix the flour, until there are no lumps.
- Add this to the meat gradually, constantly stirring to mix evenly. Let it cook on high flame for about 15 mins.
- Fry onions in the remaining ghee, until golden brown.
- Add them to the Nihari and let simmer on low heat for 30 mins.
- Serve garnished with ginger, green chilies and lemon with a warm naan.