Prep time: 10 minutes – Cook time: 4 hours – Serves: 6
- 12 lamb/goat cleaned trotters (paaya)
- ½ packet (4 tbsp) Bohra Pantry Paaya Curry Masala
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup whipped yogurt
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 12 cups water
- 1 cup oil/ghee (clarified butter)
- Salt (to taste)
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Wedges of lemon to serve
- Boil paaya for about 20 mins and discard the water.
- In 8 cups fresh boiled water, add boiled paaya, half of the sliced onions, ginger paste, garlic paste and the Paaya Curry Masala.
- Cover the pan and let it cook on low heat until the meat is tender.
- Fry onions in the ghee, until golden brown.
- Now add yogurt to the onions and fry for a few minutes.
- Then stir this gradually into the paaya curry and let cook for 30 mins.
- Serve garnished with cilantro and lemon with a warm naan.
- This dish can be made without yogurt too. Omit step 5 and in step 4 add another large sliced onion and fry in ghee, until golden brown. Add fried onions to paaya curry and let it cook for 30 mins.