Prep time: 20 mins – Cook time: 50 mins – Serves: 4
- 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken (cubed)
- ½ packet (4 tbsp) Bohra Pantry White Gravy Masala
- 1 tsp Bohra Pantry Garam Masala
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4-5 green chilies
- ½ cup cashews/almonds
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp beaten plain yogurt
- 4 tbsp oil/ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup water
- Salt (to taste)
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Marinate meat in ginger garlic paste, beaten yogurt, 1 tsp salt and 2 tbsp White Gravy Masala for at least 1 hour.
- In a pan heat some oil/ghee and add onions and let them cook for 5 mins.
- Then add chopped ginger, chopped garlic, green chilies, cashews/almonds and 1 cup water and cook till cashew/almonds are soft.
- Let the mixture cool and grind in to a fine paste.
- Heat some oil, add ground masala and bay leaf to it. Cook until oil separates at the edges.
- Then add the chicken, remaining white gravy masala, garam masala, cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Add cream and milk and let it cook until meat is tender. Add salt to taste.
- If the gravy gets too thick you can add water/milk or some more cream.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Mutton can be used too. Will take longer to cook.
- As an option, you can also do dhungar to infuse a charcoal smoky flavor in the White gravy. Before step 5, heat a small piece of charcoal on flame till it becomes smoking hot and red. Then place it in a small steel bowl in the same pan/pot the masala is in and drop 1 tsp of hot oil on it. Now shut the pot/pan tight and leave it in for about 3-5 mins (1 min if you don’t want a strong smoky flavor) before mixing all the other ingredients as per the recipes.